Constitution of the Jones County Amateur Radio Society
We, the undersigned, wishing to secure for ourselves the pleasures and benefits of the association of persons commonly interested in amateur radio, constitute ourselves the Jones County Amateur Radio Society (JCARS) and enact this constitution as our governing law. It shall be our purpose to further the exchange of information and cooperation between members, to promote communications knowledge, fraternalism, and individual operating efficiency, the furtherance of public welfare, the advancement of communications art, and to so conduct programs and activities as to advance the general interest and welfare of amateur radio in the community.
Article I Membership:
The membership of the Jones County Amateur Radio Society, Inc. is composed of licensed radio amateurs and others interested in promoting and carrying out the purposes of the fraternity
Board of Directors:
- The Board of Directors shall be composed of the President, Vice President, Treasurer, and two members who shall be elected with the election of new officers. Each elected Director shall be titled “Director at Large”.
- The President shall be the Chairman of the Board.
- The term of the Board of Directors shall be two year. One term begins on an even year the other DOL on odd numbered years.
- Any vacancy to the Board of Directors shall be filled by a special election within 45 days of the vacancy.
- Officers of this Society shall be: President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer
- The officers of this Society shall be elected for a term of two years by ballot of the voting members present. The exception is the Repeater Trustee who shall be the holder of the Special events / sponsored repeater station license.
- Elected vacancies occurring between elections must be filled by special elections within 45 days following the withdrawal or resignation. A vacancy occurring in the officers shall be filled by the Vice President for the interim.
- In July of each year, the President shall appoint a nominating committee which shall consist of four voting members.
- This committee shall nominate at least one voting member for each office of the Society and one of the two Directors at Large at the first business meeting in August using the following schedule:
- President, Secretary, plus Director at Large seat A, on even calendar years except to fill for vacancy or as Charter Officers.
- Vice-President, Treasurer, MSE plus Director at Large seat B, on even calendar years except to fill for vacancy or as Charter Officers.
Article III By‐Laws:
The By‐Laws shall provide the rules for governing the affairs of the Jones County Amateur Radio Society, Inc., and shall provide for regular and special meetings.
Article IV Dues:
The Jones County Amateur Radio Society, Inc. by a two‐thirds majority vote of those present at any regular meeting, may levy upon the general membership such dues or assessments as shall be deemed necessary for the business of the organization within its objectives as set forth in the preamble. Non‐ payment of such dues shall be cause for expulsion from the Society at the discretion of the membership.
Article V Amendments:
This Constitution may be amended by a three‐fourths vote of the membership present at a regular meeting. Proposals for amendments shall be presented in writing at a regular meeting and shall be voted on at the next regular meeting, provided all members have been notified by mail of the intent to amend the Constitution at said meeting.
Ratified by a two-thirds affirmative vote of 50% of membership in good standing:
Gary Branch, N5BI
Hurb Ingles, W1DOG